- Maintain a clear inventory.
- Achieves almost 100 percent accuracy for orders and shipping.
- Processes orders up to 40 percent faster.
- Improves workforce efficiency and reduces labour costs.
- Real time updating of inventory is accurateand paperless.
- Does not require a power source as it relies on a reader to transmit data.
- Uses radio waves by the RFID antenna.
- Suitable for use in a warehouse as there is less interference and requires a short distance.
- Does not require a power source making it intrinsically safe.
- Smaller and cheaper to produce.
- Automated advanced shipping notice (ASN) delivery and receipt.
- Improves customer and trading partner satisfaction by delivering the right items on time, every time.
Warehousing Management and Services
At SWIFT, we provide quality, efficient and professional warehousing services and management which are in full compliance with HSSE and quality services. As shown in the diagram below, our warehouse operations comprise of four key work activities.
Radio-frequency identification (RFID) Tagging used in our Warehouse
Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is the wireless non-contact use of radio-frequency electromagnetic fields to transfer data, for the purposes of automatically identifying and tracking tags attached to objects. These tags store information electronically.
As a safety measure, RFID tags are worn by personnel working on off-shore oil and gas platforms. This allows them to be located 24 hours a day and found quickly during emergencies. At SWIFT, we use Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Tags in our warehouse as it enables us to meet the growing business needs across various industries.
UHF Tags are extremely light-weight and weather-proof, ensuring equipment stored outside the warehouses can still be tagged and tracked. As a result, our workers are able to process thousands of items every day quickly and accurately.
InvenTrack (RFID Software) which is based on inventory management software. The tracking inventory is based on RFID Stock Card, whereby information related to the inventory on-shelves will be updated whenever items are added or removed from the shelf. After which the data will be updated by the InvenTrack software.
Application and consolidation of information can be done via productivity software such as Microsoft Excel, Access and other database systems. InvenTrack can also be integrated into existing ERP or MRP systems.
RFID comprises of 3 components
• A scanning antenna.
• A transceiver with a decoder to interpret the data.
• A transponder – the RFID tag – programmed with information.
RFID tags can be read in a wide variety of circumstances, where barcodes or other optically read technologies are useless
• The tag need not be on the surface of the object (not subject to wear and tear).
• The read time is typically less than 100 milliseconds.
• Large numbers of tags can be read at once.
1. Shipping and receiving
2. Put-away and picking
4. Returnable Transport Item (RTI) management
Flexible Asset Grouping
It is able to record information such as the maintenance date, warranty expiry and service due date. Specified dates are active and tracked at all times. The system informs users on the due date.
Supports multi-vendor RFID readers and handheld devices
InvenTrack3000 is able to work with different types of RFID readers and handheld devices for inventory tracking, maintenance inspection, guard patrol movement and other applications, reducing the cost of investment on RFID infrastructures.
Unlimited Asset Inventory & Location Linkage
Inventory and assets are closely linked. Inventory can be converted easily into assets and are tracked by asset and inventory locations. Unlimited assets and locations can be created in the system for monitoring.
Suitable for Preventive Maintenance and Frequent Asset Check
With RFID, daily inspection and monthly summary reports are generated in real-time. Inspection can be carried out multiple times a day and data can be uploaded for report generation and data backup. Its maintenance functionality with work order management eases the load of maintenance personnel and increase uptime of asset usability. It is also accurate as the date and time are captured on the spot as each asset is identified uniquely. Lastly, assets can be relocated easily to different locations.
Expandable and Support Back-End Integration
Designed as a modular system it is able to integrate with many different types of RFID readers as well as back-end enterprise systems such as SAP, Oracle and Microsoft Navision.
Bar code and RFID technology makes it simple and convenient to gather and manage asset information in a timely and efficient manner as it can record asset movements automatically, and provide real-time data to asset management applications.
RFID allows for efficient inventory tracking and management. A microchip transmits product information, such as item type, manufacturer and serial number, to a scanner or other data collection devices, giving store associates
a better understanding of what products, colors and sizes are available in specific locations.